The Web We Want campaign is inviting artists to join The Day We Fight Back on February 11 2014 by creating an original cartoon about online surveillance and the right to privacy. The cartoons should help increase awareness about the current debate about the NSA and make the case for more accountability for mass digital surveillance in a creative and thought-provoking way.
The deadline for submissions is February 8 2014.
1st place: USD $1000
2nd place: USD $500
3rd Place: USD $250
1. Anyone can participate.
2. By submitting the work, the author agrees that it is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution Share Alike license. There is no limit of submissions per author.
3. The Author will provide a name or pseudonym to the submission. Further personal details will be requested for the winners – but their real name will remain private upon request of the author.
4. The winners will be announced on February 11, 2014. The winner will be picked by members of the Web We Want Executive Committee.
5. The award will be transferred to the winners within 30 days after the announcement.
1. By email. Send your cartoon – high definition, .jpg, .pdf, .svg or .png to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should be ‘Cartoon’. The deadline is February 8 2014.
2. By twitter. Tweet your uploaded image to @webwewant with the hashtag #webwewant .
3. Adding any details about your nationality and country of origin is optional but encouraged.