Support of the work of the Web Foundation relies on the generous contributions of resources from within our growing community from around the world. The organizations on this page have contributed financial resources that have enabled the Web Foundation to launch, and that are enabling the Foundation to start transformative work to advance the Web and empower people.
The Web Foundation “Founders Circle” includes those people and organizations donating $1,000,000 or more over 2-3 years. Their investment and close partnership are instrumental to establishing the Web Foundation as a high-impact organization.
- The John S and James L Knight Foundation(Seed Funder)
- Vodafone Group
- Ford Foundation
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- International Press Institute
- Omidyar Network
- The Open Society Institute
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- VU University
- People like you (donation page). Learn what it means to invest in the Web!
Find out more about how you can get involved with the Web Foundation.